Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Seem the printer won't talk to the wifi? Epson WorkForce 545

Customer Question

Seem the printer won't talk to the wifi?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Epson WorkForce 545 and I'm guessing 5 or 6 years.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MaCBook Pro Mac OS X version 10.6.8
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Been off and on, but haven't been able to print for a couple of weeks. Printer has been iffy for a while i think due to dirty print heads.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 17 days ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please setup wireless on the printer by following the instructions in the link below.

http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/wf545_/wf545_ug/source/printers/source/networking/tasks/network_setting_panel_wf545_645.html

Then, follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Printer won't connect to wifi - message "Setup failed"
Expert:  Shefin replied 17 days ago.

Make sure that you are entering the password ***** because it is case sensitive.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I did several times
Expert:  Shefin replied 17 days ago.

Are you able to select your wireless name from the list?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Expert:  Shefin replied 17 days ago.

Could you please check on the computer that the wireless name is correct? becuase if you are able to select the wireless, and setup fails after entering the password, which means the password ***** ***** If your password ***** uppercase (ABC) or lowercase (abc) letters, make sure you enter them correctly.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The wireless name is ***** ***** I just tried the password ***** - Setup failed.
Expert:  Shefin replied 17 days ago.

Could you please let me know the password ***** how do you enter them?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
the password *****(###) ###-####and I entered it like that on the printer keyboard.
Expert:  Shefin replied 17 days ago.

Do you have a printer USB cable with you?

Thank you.

S H E F I N