John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My MX882 abruptly showe the B200 code, called tech help,

Customer Question

My MX882 abruptly showe the B200 code, called tech help, ...advised to unplug the unit, take out the print cartridges and reinstall (full), plug in and try. This did not help. Any suggestions?
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Canon MX882 at least 4 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Microsoft 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: ...was printing a CD face, and a playlist, used a different brochure paper for the job and it worked fine for the task, ...next job was to duplicate a piece for my wife and as soon as we closed the lid and hit print, the B200 code showed up
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did replace a low ink cartridge and it did not resolve the issue, I also turned off the printer and let it set overnight, ...did not help. Nothing else I can think of.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please