John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an XP-430. My wife was running copies and it ran out

Customer Question

I have an XP-430. My wife was running copies and it ran out of paper. After I put more paper in, it 1s not working now. I am electronically challenged and do not know if I pressed the wrong item on the screen. Right now it is showing settings
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Epson XP-430 only a few months old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC. what is an OS
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I don't know what happened but it must have know I was complaining and it started printing. Horray
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-g14jv6qv- replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Lets try a power cycle on it to get it cleared. this is a soft reset so it will not wipe from your computer

or factory default.

Turn off the printer if you can. Unplug it from power and hold down power button for 60 seconds.

Plug printer back in and turn it back on and tell me if it has 'cleared or if a message is on the printer'

to continue.

Please rate the 5 stars at the top of the page to close out this question as it is the only way i am

credited for the work done with clients. Or, reply to continue if further troubleshooting is necessary.

~Franklin