Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

We have an Epson WorkForce 545 and it's started printing

Customer Question

We have an Epson WorkForce 545 and it's started printing partial letters and partial lines. I usually only print black so I got a new Epson cartridge. It's still doing the same. Any ideas?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Epson Work Force 545, model C422A. It's probably 3 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC - Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: As I said, I don't print that often and it just started. Xmas is the most I use it cause I shop on line.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please make sure that you are using genuine cartridges and enough ink on them.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's still the same. Turning it off. Ready for bed. Thank you.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 month ago.

When you get time, please try cleaning the printhead and align it by following the instructions in the links below.

Printhead cleaning : http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/wf545_/wf545_00ug/source/printers/source/ink_functions/tasks/cleaning_head_lcd_wf545_645.html

Printhead Alignment : http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/wf545_/wf545_00ug/source/printers/source/ink_functions/tasks/aligning_head_lcd_wf545_645.html

Thank you.

S H E F I N