Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My modem does not have a WPS button. I am trying to connect

Customer Question

My modem does not have a WPS button. I am trying to connect my wireless printer to a modem
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon PIXMA MX492
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Got a new modem with hi speed internet Could not connect with Canon PIXMA MG5200 to modem so brought new printer
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Having trouble setting up wireless with connection to modem
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 19 days ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please setup wireless on your printer by following the instructions in the link below.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART117459&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1479786077092

Are you getting Error 5100 on your printer?

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N