crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

Multi sheet paper jam, DocuPrint M215b purchased 2/8/2014,

Customer Question

Multi sheet paper jam
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: DocuPrint M215b purchased 2/8/2014
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac. Sierra
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just happened. I inserted a bundle of paper while it was printing and it took the whole bundle of about 10 sheets and jammed and now they are jammed solid
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thankyou
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 16 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  crash2199 replied 16 days ago.

There are several locations that you can lift and look to remove any paper jam.

Click here: http://www.fujixeroxprinters.com.hk/downloads/uploaded/M215b_M215fw_UG_EN_Webup_d37a_59d8.pdf

Scroll down to page 386 and view the locations of paper jams. Follow the images to lift and remove the jams.

Please let me know if you have anymore questions otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you for your reply Josh. We had already consulted the manual with no success. The problem is that because the jam is caused by about 10 sheets they are jammed solid and no amount of pulling or pushing helps. It seems that we will have to take it to the local dealer. Unless you have any other solutions which work would you please refund our $5 and confirm with us when you have done so. Regards, Phil ********* phone ***** *** ***
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Josh, I refer to my email sent to you at 4.39pm formally requesting that you refund our $5 and note that you have taken 2 lots of $5 for some unexplained reason. Kindly refund both lots. I certainly hope you are not claiming any fee at all as the problem is no further progressed than my first communication to you. Please confirm that you are not claiming any fee whatsoever. Regards, *****
Expert:  crash2199 replied 15 days ago.

Hi Phil,

Did you take a look at the different locations on where you can remove the paper jam? There are different angles to grab the paper at.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Josh, We have read the relevant part of the manual and your responses and cannot pull or push the paper from any of the locations. I am taking it to the local dealer to get fixed if possible or buy a new one. Thanks for your help as far as it went in the circumstances with the tyranny of distance.
Expert:  crash2199 replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for the update.

Expert:  crash2199 replied 12 days ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Kindly refer to my replies listed above including those of the 22nd November at 4.39 and 5.34. Unfortunately your suggestions did not solve the problem and it has now been otherwise resolved. Pease refund any monies taken by you.
Expert:  crash2199 replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for the update.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have previously informed you on more than one occasion that unfortunately your information did not solve the problem and asked that you refund any monies you have taken and I keep getting your request and ignoring my communications. I cannot rate your performance other than to say that it did not solve the problem. Please refrain from emailing me other than to confirm that you will refund our money which incidentally you took two lots of $5. Phil
Expert:  crash2199 replied 8 days ago.

Phil,

I do not have control over any emails that you are receiving. I have not messaged you recently.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Josh, Will a "Bad" rating solve the problem. I don't wish to insult you by doing so. Can't you tell your third party to stop badgering me and ignoring my communications. Phil
Expert:  crash2199 replied 8 days ago.

Phil,

The rating system directly impacts my feedback score so a bad rating will affect my score.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have informed you of the position ad nauseam. Kindly have the courtesy to at least read my communications and bring this farcical situation to an end and cease badgering me with irrelevant comments. I do not intend to rate your service because it did not solve my problem.
Expert:  crash2199 replied 7 days ago.

Phil,

I do not have control over the emails that you are receiving.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
you have more control than I have over your 3rd party who have paid no attention whatsoever to my responses. Unless you do something about it you leave me no alternative other than to rate your service as bad or at best bring this apparent scam to the attention of the appropriate authority.
Expert:  crash2199 replied 7 days ago.

Okay, thanks. I have to reply back each time that you reply.