Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070,
63493917

I received an error message #5800. This indicated something

Customer Question

I received an error message #5800. This indicated something was wrong with the Ink. I raised the top and the cartridges did not slide into position to be changed. I think it is jammed. How do I release it?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Cannon MP280
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: ACER PC Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It had been printing just fine. My color ink ran out. I switched the printer to print in black and white only. I received a message the ink something was filling up. Next time I went to print day before yesterday, I received the error 5800 message.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The ink pad looking thing in the bottom of the printer looks wet.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

Once the Ink cartridges CARRIAGE (thats what its called "carriage) comes to rest and is no longer moving. And you have the maintenance door open to change the ink cartridges......you can grab onto the carriage and with some force slide it (it may click or jump but thats okay) dont want to use SO much force that it breaks it.....and you want to make sure you are sliding the carriage along the same direction as the track is.

But this is fairly normal that the carriage stop in a spot that doesnt allow you to change the ink cartridges.