Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Data Systems Analyst for a School District
97029936

I got HP Deskjet 2540 printer and having difficulty with the

Customer Question

I got HP Deskjet 2540 printer and having difficulty with the black ink cartridge. The original cartridge after two weeks isn't printing, then bought a new one and happen the same problem. No problem with the tricolor cartridge. What could be happening?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Deskjet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Is not more than two years old. It is HP Deskjet 2540 All-in One
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC , Window8.1
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: As mentioned previously since the instant that I bought it.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Expert:  Jon replied 15 days ago.

Hi there! Welcome to Just answer. After reading your printer issue it reminded my of the issue I had with my printer. What worked for me was executing the built in cleaning feature of my printer which you can try as well. Since you already purchased a new ink and the same issue occurred, then you would think there could be something stuck between the path the ink takes after it leaves the ink cartridge. It's worth a try:

To clean the ink cartridges automatically do the following:

1. Load paper into the input tray.
  2. From your computer, On the Start screen, right-click an empty area on the screen, click All Apps on the app bar, and then click the icon with the printer's name.
  3. In the printer software, click Print & Scan and then click Maintain Your Printer to access the Printer Toolbox.
  4. Click Clean Ink Cartridges on the Device Services tab. Follow the on-screen instructions

Let me know what happens.

Expert:  Jon replied 12 days ago.

Just wanted to check in and see if you are still having issues with you printer and if the cleaning instructions I sent helped out in any way. If they did please consider rating my service. If not, please let me know how I can help.

Thanks for your time.