Bob James
Bob James,
Experience:  IT Support Specialist & Network Support at American Furniture Warehouse
96807910

Where can I get back hindges for a officejet j6480? Mine

Customer Question

Where can I get back hindges for a officejet j6480? Mine broke.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Officejet j6480 all-in-one Mac(###) ###-####F2F2 Maybe 5 yrs old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac desk top
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was changing cartridges and when I lifted the top they broke.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can I get info on how to put them in? I pretty handy.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Bob James replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.com.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help.
Please give me just a bit to look over the question and do some initial research.
Thanks,
Bob

Expert:  Bob James replied 16 days ago.

After my 2nd response, an automatic "Premium Service" offer will be made. Please disregard it.

According to HPs User Guide for the Officejet J6480, "There are no user-serviceable parts inside. Refer servicing to qualified service personnel." The only customer replaceable items are the consumables (toner, etc.). Here is a link to the full user guide:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01325559

See the third page (before the numbered pages), under "Safety information".

Thanks,

Bob

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
As long as it takes Bob. I'm on disability so I have plenty of time. I like to tinker, it fills the time and if I'm too sore to do it I can just stop. No time clock. But I would like to get the info and the parts. Thanks.
P.S. Just fixed my Blueray Player yesterday.
Expert:  Bob James replied 16 days ago.

Please see the User Guide (link in previous response), there is simply no way to purchase parts for the printer - it must be taken to a qualified service person. The only possible way of getting parts that I can think of, would be to purchase another printer of the exact same model. Maybe you could find one on eBay.

Expert:  Bob James replied 14 days ago.

I noticed this case is still open, so I figure I'll reach out once more. I do wish I could advise you of where to get the parts for your printer, they just aren't available for retail purchase. Of course acquiring another used printer from eBay is very good advice, in my humble opinion.

Finally, as we are only compensated on positive ratings, I do hope you'll consider a 5 Star Rating for my answer.

Thank you,

Bob