Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  10+ years work experience.
30759776

I upgraded my MacBook Pro to Yosemite. Now my Canoscan5600F

Customer Question

I upgraded my MacBook Pro to Yosemite. Now my Canoscan5600F won't work.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: just a minute, I'll look.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I'm printing from a MacBook Pro. The printer is a Canoscan5600F. It's got a number on the back: K10319 and a Serial # ABED24912. I don't know how old. At least five years, maybe longer.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was working fine with my Mac's old operating system of 10.6.8. Then I had to upgrade to Yosemite for work. Now it won't connect.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's the main issue.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** and I look forward to assisting you today. After updating to Yosemite, you will need to install the updated software. Click the following link: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/scanners/film-negative-scanner/canoscan-5600f

- On the aforementioned page, download and install the CIA driver as well as the 5600F driver. After you do that, you will be all set.

One quick note: I love helping you and others on this website. Please, keep in mind that I only get credit for my time, if you rate my help with 3 Stars or more. I would prefer a 5 star rating, if you are satisfied. If you are not happy with my answer, please let me know so we can continue.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at ohe following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com