cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have worked on printers at my job for over 7 years.
20109878

Purchased a new printer from Dell in JUly. it keeps jamming

Customer Question

purchased a new printer from Dell in JUly. it keeps jamming up; changed the ink cartridges, tried to align print head x 6, nothing works. It's making a clunking sound.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Dell is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model PIXMA MG3600. Purchased july 2016
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Dell PC. Windows 10. It was working fine until I changed the ink cartridges after the paper jam. The cartridges were really dry when I put the new ones in.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Started two days ago when I was trying to print. The ink cartridges were replaced after I had several paper jams in a row.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have followed the online troubleshooting manual but cannot make the printer work correctly. It will take up the paper; then makes a large CLUNK sound and jams again.
Category: Printers
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 7 months ago.

Try to push something thicker than a plain sheet of paper through. Cut a side of a manilla folder into a 8.5"x11" and let the printer try to grab it during a copy. After doing it's normal "grab the right side until it's skewed and stop",continue to try to push it through. Once it goes all the way through your printer check and see if it might have spit out a small piece of paper or something else. Then take your normal paper and try to feed it through your printer. Make sure you rub an alcohol swab or q tip (very little alcohol) over your ink cartridges to make sure ink is coming out of it.

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 7 months ago.

Good Morning do you still need help with your printer? And did you try the above instructions?