John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

It cannot recognize the ink cartridge(s). Before I put those

Customer Question

It cannot recognize the ink cartridge(s). Before I put those it I have had problems where it will not scan or print. This has been a problem for the last month
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: Epson XP-820 the ink cartridges are Epson 273
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC I bought a new lenova last week; however, I was having this problem with my HP before buying the Lenova
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been an issue on both computers. The printer originally worked fine. I could scan and copy with "no problems"
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a charge for the service. I have never gone online before for service
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 14 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 14 days ago.

Are you using genuine epson cartridges, or generic/refilled ones?

Are you just lifting the lid and putting them straight in?