Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

It won't scan - I keep getting "communication error"

Customer Question

It won't scan - I keep getting "communication error" message
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Epson Workforce 633 - - probably 4 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac OS X
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: In the past, I've gotten one "communication error" massage, then when I tried again, it worked.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I cleaned the print heads half an hour ago because the printing was too light - - this worked, and I'm having no trouble printing
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 14 days ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

5. Then, try scanning again.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N