John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

The printer keeps telling me that is incompatible with the

Customer Question

The printer keeps telling me that is incompatible with the printer and to install the correct print head. This occurred after I had replaced some cartridges. I have since installed another 3 cartridges and I am still getting the same response. I have unplugged and restarted but it has not worked.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MP 560 probably about 8 to 10 years.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC with Microsoft latest windows
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: About a week ago after replacing cartridges and we were trying to photocopy
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no not really we have never experienced any problems before. Have you got a service agent on the Gold Coast?
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 16 days ago.

Hi, I'm Sadique. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I am sorry to say this error message indicates the printhead has gone bad and needs replacement.

The printhead has served you well. I don't recommend replacing the printhead on a 8 year old printer.

The cost of replacing the printhead might exceed the cost of a replacement printer.