IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I'd like to send documents by e mail, using scanner from

Customer Question

i'd like to send documents by e mail, using scanner from epson WF 3620
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  IT Miro replied 18 days ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 18 days ago.

To send scanned documents by e-mail, you first need to do a scan to your computer, and then attach a scanned document to an e-mail and send it.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 18 days ago.

Have you already scanned a document and do you see it on your computer?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
no , I want to email straight away to their email address, is that possible
Expert:  IT Miro replied 18 days ago.

Unfortunately, it is not possible with Epson WF-3620. It can only scan to a computer, and then you can send an e-mail from there.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
no , i dont like this, younkeep asking money
Expert:  IT Miro replied 18 days ago.

Please ignore the pop-up for a secure remote assistance since it is being sent automatically.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
can you sacn documents in 10 pages using feede, instead of scanner glass, to make it quick
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
feeder
Expert:  IT Miro replied 18 days ago.

No, you need to manually place each document into the scanner glass to scan it when using Epson WF-3620.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
manual said ok ,to scan multiple pages using ADF
Expert:  IT Miro replied 18 days ago.

Which page of the manual says that? From what I can see, it allows you to select either a standard one-sided document or a two-sided document. Each scanned document will then be saved as a new file on your computer.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
page 7, placing originals
Expert:  IT Miro replied 18 days ago.

Sorry, I was looking at another manual. You are right - you can place multiple documents in the ADF and scan them from there, so no need to use the manual scanner glass after all; however, there is no mentioning that the multiple documents will be saved in a single file (PDF), so you will most likely end up having multiple files on your computer.

In case you have Adobe Acrobat Professional installed on the computer, you can combine multiple PDF documents into a single PDF document.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 18 days ago.

Also, Epson WF-3620 supports scanning to a memory card/USB flash drive, cloud storage or computer; however, it cannot send scanned documents by e-mail.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
how come, theres an email box, to type email on the printers, it means something
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
email senders
Expert:  IT Miro replied 18 days ago.

Where do you see an e-mail box? What button did you press to see it?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
on the printer, when you press scan, there a box asking email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 18 days ago.

The Epson WF-3620 manual only mentions Epson Email Print - ability to register an unique e-mail address for the printer so that you can print documents by sending them by e-mail from a computer or phone to your printer.

Are you sure you have Epson WF-3620, or maybe another Epson model?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
i dont understand, but thank you anyway, im leaving out
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
ive got this one brand new
Expert:  IT Miro replied 18 days ago.

No problem. The Epson WF-3620 manual doesn't mention ability to send scanned documents by e-mail ; however, if you say you see the e-mail box, feel free to test it. Type your e-mail there using the printer buttons and see if you will receive the scanned document by e-mail.

Regards,