John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

The light is on in the upper right button but nothing else

Customer Question

The light is on in the upper right button but nothing else works. I've tried to use various buttons but nothing happens. the menu area is not lit up and nothing happens when I press menu. I can't remember when and where I bought the printer.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's an epson printer called wf-2540. Does that help? As to age I'd just be guessing. Probably about 3-4 years but I'm not sure. Is there someplace on the printer that gives me more info?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I have a Mac mini and Google Chrome. I just ran a MacKeeper scan and it didn't show anything.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I haven't been using the printer for a couple of days and it worked the last time I needed to print something. I usually try to use it several times a week. I did run a MacKeeper program to remove duplicate files earlier today but I didn't notice if the light was on then.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know what I don't know, sorry!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kevin8472 replied 4 months ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

Can you tell me what problems you are having with your printer.

Regards

Kevin