John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

How do i get my printer to be recognized as an "AirPrint

Customer Question

how do i get my printer to be recognized as an "AirPrint Printer" by my Apple devices?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MFC 7880DW Approximately 3 years
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac latest
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Never have been able to print from iPad or phone. Doesn't see my printer.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Bob James replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.com.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help.
Please give me just a bit to look over the question and do some initial research.
Thanks,
Bob

Expert:  Bob James replied 15 days ago.

After my 2nd response, an automatic "Premium Service" offer will be made. Please feel free to disregard it, we can revisit that type of service later if necessary.

I have a follow up question, you indicated your printer is a "MFC 7880DW" - I'm guessing it's a Brother printer, but I do not find a "7880", I do see a "7860", could you confirm the model for me?
Thanks,
Bob

Expert:  Bob James replied 15 days ago.

I'm hoping to help, but I do need to know the correct model of the printer - is its brand name "Brother" and is it actually an "MFC7860DW"? Please confirm so I can offer appropriate advice.

Thanks,

Bob

Expert:  Bob James replied 13 days ago.

Are you still needing help with this. I'm sure we can figure out what is needed, but I need to make sure we have the correct printer model. Please let me know if I can help further.

Thanks,

Bob