John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I can't sync my new Ipad pro with the wireless HP 6988

Customer Question

I can't sync my new Ipad pro with the wireless HP 6988 printer at the house. When the Ipad is searching for printers, it can find one.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's an HP 6988 wireless purchased in 2008.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: A MAC Ipad Pro IOS10.1.1
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It's a new Ipad. I'm trying to connect to the printer for the first time.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I spent and hour on the phone yesterday with Apple technical support, and they finally decided that I needed to contact HP to troubleshoot the problem. I just got off the phone with a technician who contracts out for AP who wanted $149.99 to look into my problem (I got the phone number from the HP website). I'm feeling a bit desperate.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  technicalcat replied 16 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Have you been able to print to the printer with any other device or computer , besides the ipad?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
a MAC laptop.

Are you certain the ipad is connected to your wireless network, and not another?