Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

Bought a new computer (notebook) didn't realize I didn't

Customer Question

Bought a new computer (notebook) didn't realize I didn't have a CD/DVD drive. Need to install PIXMA MP280
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the Pixma is? And has this happened before?
Customer: At least 5 years
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC has windows 10 installed
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: My old laptop died so I had to get a new computer. Wasn't smart enough to know that a notebook and a laptop are not the same thing. Had a Toshiba laptop before
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so. Don't know what I don't know.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 19 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You can download and install the software from internet and setup your printer on it. Go to this website -> https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mp-series/pixma-mp280

Click DRIVERS AND DOWNLOADS. Scroll down and download the "MP280 series MP Driver Ver. 1.03 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XP x64)". Open the downloaded file and install, then follow onscreen instructions to setup your printer.

In case if it didn't allow you to setup the printer, do this. Press Windows and R keys on Keyboard of your computer. Type control printers and press enter. From the resulting screen, press Add Printer and add your printer.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or until you are satisfied.

I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star rating. If you feel you've received anything less, please don't rate anything like bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied.