crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

I cannot get my HP printer/scanner to work. I can't get the

Customer Question

I cannot get my HP printer/scanner to work. I can't get the scanner to do the cartridge alignment. And it says that I don't have the USB (which I'm not sure what this means) HELP!!!!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 3 years old -- used infrequently. Photosmart C4280
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: A Dell laptop. I am trying to print from WORD
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I haven't used the printer in a long time. I recently tried to use it and put in a new black ink cartridge. But kind of got stuck with the issue of the cartridge alignment. I was able to print that page for the alignment, then was supposed to scan it, but that didn't seem to work, as it said that the alignment page couldn't be detected.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm very low-tech!
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 19 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  crash2199 replied 19 days ago.

Press the Power and Cancel button together. Now the screen should say 'Enter Special Key Combo'.

Now press the buttons Scan>Color Copy>Black copy one after the other. The display should say Support or Support Menu.

Now keep pressing the Blue and Grey buttons until you find an option named Print Test Menu. Now press the Green button.

Now the display should say Bypass Pen Alignment. Press the Green button again and follow the instructions.

If the issue continues, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.