Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers
22727371

My printer tells me I need a new ink pad and that I should

Customer Question

my printer tells me I need a new ink pad and that I should contact Epson support, so here I am
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Artisan 837 - maybe 5-6 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC, Win7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just now (red warning notification) however, I did have a reminder a while back. I have been printing photos
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.
Your printer has an ink absorber which takes in ink during the printing and print head cleaning operation. Over the life of the printer, the amount of ink that the ink absorber has absorbed is calculated by the printer. Eventually, after substantial use, the printer will enter an error condition when the ink absorber is almost full / completely full. To protect the printer from damage, you will not be able to print at all once the ink absorber is full.

The waste ink pad has become full and needs to be replaced to get everything back to alright. You will have to order new waste ink pads from Epson and replace accordingly to get everything back to alright.
Replacing the ink absorber is a complicated and potentially messy procedure. Even if the ink absorber is successfully changed, the ink absorber counter must be reset. Its not recommended for users to replace the waste ink absorber tank.
If you want you can also take the help of a local printer repair shop to replace it at a less cost.
If you want to repair it in local repair shop; I can give you the contact of a local printer repair shop near your area, if you tell me your city name.
If you want to replace it on your own then let me know.
Please let me know what you want to do.

Is there anything else I can help you with?
Please rate this chat using the stars at the top > then click submit.

Thank you for using JustAnswer; it's been my pleasure to serve you today. We'll hope to see you again in the future; between now and then, I wish you a pleasant day and a quick solution to this problem.