John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a MacBook Pro and recently had to install a new hard

Customer Question

I have a MacBook Pro and recently had to install a new hard drive. My Canon Pixma iP90v was working fine before the change of hard drive but now my computer does not recognize the printer.I have the driver software with me but reinstalling doesn't seem to help. I have the El Capitan OX, which I also had before the hard drive change. Please advise.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: My Canon has not does this before. I got it from Amazon last year.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC Book Pro -OSX El Capitan
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: My hard drive failed and had to be replaced.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is the main problem.
Category: Printers
Expert:  BobJamIT replied 3 months ago.

This is Bob. I will do my best to help.

You said you have the driver software for the Canon Pixma iP90v - I'm guessing it is the software that came with the printer when you purchased it. Could you confirm this?

Thanks,

Bob

Expert:  BobJamIT replied 3 months ago.

One follow up question - what version of Mac OS did you have when you purchased the Canon PIXMA Ip90V?

Thanks,

Bob

Expert:  BobJamIT replied 3 months ago.

Just following up on this. Do you still need help with this?

Thanks,

Bob

Expert:  JACUSTOMER-j02lrr4e- replied 2 months ago.

Hey there, My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help you. I was looking over your issue with your Canon Pixma iP90v on your Macbook running El Capitan (10.11) and it looks like there is not native drivers available for your version of MAC OS, however I am still thinking we can get it to work if it was working with your old hard drive before.

You mention you have the driver software however, if its from a CD that was originally included with the printer, they may be to out of date. Therefore, even though there is not an OS 10.11 version of the drivers, the most recent available for you on the Cannon website is for 10.8 which can be downloaded @ http://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwMjE2ODA3&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

If you are not able to download the 10.8 drivers from the link above please let me know. I tried to attach them to this post but it was to big in size.

Once you are able to download this driver please let me know and we can then continue.

Just checking in with you printer issue? Let me know if and when you would like to proceed. If what I mentioned before regarding installing the 10.8 drivers and it worked, please consider rating my services.

Thanks for your time.