crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

It is new, and I don't know how to change the ink on the

Customer Question

It is new, and I don't know how to change the ink on the printer. It it an HP Envy 7640
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your HP? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: It is N HP Envy 7640 and I use Windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No, I just want to know how to change the ink cartridges on the printer
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just that it is an HP Envy 7640 printer, I don't know if you got that part
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 19 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  crash2199 replied 19 days ago.

If you would prefer a video instead of written steps, click here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04326308

Here are the written steps:

1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.

2. Open the cartridge access door by placing two fingers under one or both of the small handles on the sides of the cartridge access door and then lifting it up.

The Door Open screen displays on the printer control panel with the message, 'The cover or door must be closed to print. Check that it is completely closed.' A Change Ink option also displays on the bottom right corner of the touchscreen.

3. Touch Change Ink to watch a video on the touchscreen about replacing the cartridges (optional).

4. Lightly press down on the low or empty cartridge to release it.

• Remove the cartridge from the slot on the left to replace the tri-color cartridge.

• Remove the cartridge from the slot on the right to replace the black cartridge.

5. Pull the cartridge toward you out of its slot, and then set it aside for recycling.

NOTE:

Recycle any low or empty cartridges. The HP Inkjet Supplies Recycling Program is available in many countries/regions, and it is free of charge.

6. Remove the new cartridge from its package. Be careful to touch only the black plastic on the cartridge.

7. Pull the orange tab to remove the protective tape from the cartridge.

CAUTION:

Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Do not replace the protective tape on the contacts. Handling these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.

8. Slide the new cartridge at a slight upward angle into the empty slot, and then gently push up on the cartridge until it snaps into place.

• Insert the tri-color cartridge into the left slot.

• Insert the black cartridge into the right slot.

9. Repeat these steps to replace the other cartridge, if necessary.

10. Close the cartridge access door. When the door is completely closed, the Door Open screen with the message, 'The cover or door must be closed to print. Check that it is completely closed.' disappears, and the printer returns to the Home screen.

11. Touch OK.

12. Wait for the printer to calibrate and align the cartridges. After the alignment is complete, the printer prints an alignment page.

13. Touch OK, and then discard or recycle the alignment page.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  crash2199 replied 18 days ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.