John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My brothers printer a DCP-L2520DW after working properly for

Customer Question

My brothers printer a DCP-L2520DW after working properly for 5+ years, suddenly won't print. A pop up appears on the bottom right of the monitor
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Sorry, I didn't finish my problem the pop up says "your printer is offline.It is 2years old. Brothers printer is DCP-L2520DW series printer
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It's a Dell desktop operating on Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It's been about two weeks a bell soundhappened as soon as I clicked the
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, it was a bell type sound as I clicked the printbutton
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 17 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I need to ask a few questions before advising you as to what to do about the problem, please.

- Is your printer connected by Wireless/WiFi, or is it connected to the computer by a USB cable?

- Can your Brother printer still do a photocopy of a one-page original document ? please try and see.