comp_audio
comp_audio, Technician
Experience:  I offer over 20 years experience in diagnosing and fixing home and business printers. I am eager to assist you today.
44312836

I've moved and I cannot set up my fax machine to my phone. I

Customer Question

I've moved and I cannot set up my fax machine to my phone. I do not have a designated line. I use the same line for the phone and fax.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: 1-2 years
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I am technology challenged. I think it is a pc. My fax is not connected to the computer, only the landline.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was working fine before I moved. I just can't remember how to reconnect it. The last time I connected someone was able to talk me through it.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  comp_audio replied 19 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today. Please give me a minute to review your issue and get back to you. Thanks in advance

Thanks for your patience. Please tell me what brand and model of fax machine are you working with and also what version of Windows are you using?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
brother MFC 1770

On the left side of your fax machine there are a couple jacks there, and one of them is labeled "Line In". This is the one you want to connect to your phone line jack from the wall.

Do you only send faxes or do you also accept incoming faxes? I ask because if you have an answering machine or service it may interfere with the reception of the fax machine.

Let me know if this has helped?

I have to go to a dentist appt. Be back soon.

Here and waiting for a little more then will be back tomorrow am.

Expert:  comp_audio replied 16 days ago.

Are you still needing assistance with your brother fax machine?