Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

I have a Pixma MG5271 and I do not know how to make a copy.

Customer Question

JA: Can you guesstimate how old the Pixma is? And has this happened before?
Customer: It is 2 months old and I can't locate the instruction book.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: A HP with Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just don't know how to make a copy. It prints really good from the computer.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also do not know how to scan a document.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Re Making Copies :

It is a very easy process. To make copy, put the document on the scanner glass. Then load the paper to print. Then just press the Color button for color copying, or the Black button for black & white copying.

Re Scanning to computer :

You should initiate the scanning process directly from computer. There are many ways to Scan a document. First method is, click on Start menu and look for an app named Scan. Open it and use it to Scan.

If you don't see Scan app, then type Scan at the windows search box and this will show Scan app. Open it and use it to scan. If you don't have it, then you can get it from here--> https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/store/p/windows-scan/9wzdncrfj3pv

Another method is(if you have installed the disc came with it), search Canon Scan or IJ Scan and if it finds anything, open it and use it to scan. You can search this on searchbox or cortana option in the lower left of computer. Then use that app to scan.

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will continue to help you

Note : this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or until you are satisfied.

I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star rating. If you feel you've received anything less, please don't rate anything like bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied.