Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Nx420 printer ink cartridge carrier is stuck to far right -

Customer Question

nx420 printer ink cartridge carrier is stuck to far right - cannot change cartriges
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: epson nx 420 using epson cartriges - a paper jam triggered wife to pull jammed paper out ink cartridge carrier is now stuck in far right of printer so I can't open it to replace cartridge.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: running Mac with sierra OS
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: paper jammed, probably not put in with care, causing jam
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just want to know how to move that cartridge carrier to the left so it is under access window.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

This is not an automatic process as on some other printers, some menu steps are required prior to physical replacement.

Press the home (house icon) button and select Setup (wrench icon) > Maintenance > Ink Cartridge Replacement.

Lift up the scanner unit (below the glass)

Open the cartridge cover

Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it.

Gently shake the new cartridge four or five times, then remove the cartridge from the package, removing the yellow tape.

Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.

Close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.

Select Check on the LCD screen to make sure the cartridge or cartridges are installed correctly.

Close the scanner unit.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.