Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have a Canon MX490 Printer which is not working - I

Customer Question

I have a Canon MX490 Printer which is not working - I recently had my computer upgraded to Windows 8 (I had Windows 10) but when I get up the printer, it will not go to Canon MX490 but other printers I do not have. I do have the CD but it will not go up on my computer screen.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: No - I't about 4 years old. I think having my computer worked on by a tech did something to not make it work. I'm not that computer savvy so I don't know.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Pc What do you mean by operating system?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have AT&T technical support and I don't use my printer that often but I noticed it yesterday that it wasn't working - sorry I can't help you more.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 20 days ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try downloading and installing driver for your computer from the link below.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mx-series/pixma-mx490

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N