John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer will not print select e-mails that I try to

Customer Question

my printer will not print select e-mails that I try to print. Some it will print, but not the most important ones. problem began yesterday. have checked to make sure printer is connected, and plenty of paper. After long wait, it prints the computer is not responding.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Is 2 months old, HP OFFICE JET PRO9710
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: IT IS ALSO HP NEW PURCHASED SAME TIME AS PRINTER SUPPOSED TO BE COMPATIBLE
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: FOR SEVERAL DAYS. RECEIVED RECEIPT FROM TRANSACTION YESTERDAY AND IT WOULD NOT PRINT. TODAY WOULD NOT PRINT, THEN RECEIVED BILL , WHICH I NEED TO PRINT, AND NEITHER WOULD PRINT
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: BOTH THE COMPUTER AND PRINTER ARE NEW AND THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME I HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM. PAID REPAIR PERSON $185.0O JUST 2 WEEKS AGO TO CORRECT IT. LASTED ABOUT 14 DAYS.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 18 days ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 7?

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?

Thank you.

S H E F I N