JKalman
JKalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I gaet a 017-988 Job Failure when I try to scan? Dell C1765

Customer Question

I gaet a 017-988 Job Failure when I try to scan?
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Dell C1765 nfw-4 years?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Dell C1765nfw
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: today
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm running Windows 8
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Let's try!
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No!
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I do not want remote.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello are you able to help?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Help via email
Expert:  JKalman replied 16 days ago.

It is a common occurrence for a wireless printer to lose the scan to computer function. The solution is to reinstall the printer drivers. It is best to download and install the latest drivers for your printer and operating system from the dell website.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  JKalman replied 16 days ago.

IL can help you with this. Here is the link that you can use to access the drivers:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/dell-C1765nfw/drivers

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS ADVICE, OR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. If I have solved your problem, I would appreciate a GOOD or an EXCELLENT rating. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING. Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Expert:  JKalman replied 16 days ago.

I can help you with this. I sent you the link that you can use to access the drivers.