John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I keep getting code error 1007 indicating there is no paper

Customer Question

I keep getting code error 1007 indicating there is no paper in the upper tray. I only have paper in the lower tray because I don't use the upper tray for regular printing. I've put a lot of paper in the tray and a little paper in the tray but it still gives me the error.
JA: What's the make and model of the printer?
Customer: Canon MX922
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC. I don't know what operating system means.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing happened before this became an issue. It was printing totally fine. It happened a couple of times this week but I adjusted the paper and it worked fine but now yesterday I can't get the error to go away.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Why do I need to minimize you? I did this and I see another box saying Type your Printer's question here.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I just need to find out how to correct this error message that won't go away.
Category: Printers
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-g14jv6qv- replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

1007

Cause

Possible causes include the following.

• There is no paper in the cassette (upper).

• The paper source is incorrect.

• Paper is not loaded properly.

Action

Take the corresponding actions below.

• Load paper in the cassette (upper).

• Load paper in the paper source suitable for the paper size.

The small size photo paper such as 4" x 6" (10 x 15 cm) or 5" x 7" (13 x 18 cm), or Hagaki can be loaded in the cassette (upper).

Important

• If you cut plain paper into small size such as 4" x 6" (10 x 15 cm) or 5" x 7" (13 x 18 cm) and try to print on it, the paper jam will occur.

• Align the paper guides with the both edges of the paper when you load paper.

After carrying out the above measures, press the OK button to dismiss the error.

Double check your paper sizes for the tray itself.

Open MS word or something similar, file->print.. and before you print open Properties menu.There for the Output Size will be selected "Match Page Size". you don't want that , but the solution is manually select A4, or whatever your page size is.

Let me know if this doesnt help.

To try and clear it and you KNOW you have put the right paper size in (that is what 1007 error is)

Turn off printer, unplug, hold down power button for 1 minute, plug back in, turn on printer and test print.

Leave me with a reply to continue:

Please rate the 5 stars at the top of the page to close out this question as it is the only way i am

credited for the work done with clients. Or, reply to continue if further troubleshooting is necessary.

~Franklin

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Issac,
I'm still getting the 1007 error that there is no paper in the upper tray. However the upper tray is for envelopes-- not to print on regular paper. I checked the paper size to make sure it was on "letter size." I turned the printer off and unplugged it, etc. I got it to print a couple of pages and now the error is showing again. What else can I do?

You can always reset the printer to default and add it back to your network/computer again.

If that is giving you that error over and over every now and then, it may be a glitch or the tiniest

piece of paper you cannot see that is 'stuck'.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Issac,
I forgot to mention that the printer box pops up showing the support code of 1007 and says the paper size is 4x6 showing to fit paper into the cassette (upper) and press the printer's OK button.

yes, that was the bottom portion of

but the solution is manually select A4

in the set i sent you. it is normal. when you hit ok, does it just go back to error 1007?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I changed it to A4 and I'm stilling getting the error 1007.

Lets see if your device has this option

Since you already have the 4x6 option selected on the printer and in the printer driver window and are still receiving an error, you can disable the "Detect Paper Setting Mismatch" setting on the printer to prevent the error message from displaying. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Flick the HOME screen, then tap SETUP.

2. Tap DEVICE SETTINGS.

3. Tap CASSETTE SETTINGS.

4. Tap DETECT PAPER SETTING MISMATCH.

5. Tap NO.

6. Press the HOME key.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't show Cassette settings on my printer when I select Device settings.

Everything is showing contact support for canon or drop/readd your printer for this, but the 1007 is extremely common

for this printer and it not clearing.

Please standby, i am opening this up to other experts to review for more solutions.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Isaac, have you received any additional information to help resolve this issue?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Since I haven't gotten any answers to resolve my problem, I would like to request a refund. Thank you.