Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

Connon mx470 i have it hooked up wireless and can copy but

Customer Question

connon mx470 i have it hooked up wireless and can copy but cannot figure out how to scan
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 8/21/14
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: mac osx yosemity
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: i have never used the scan befor when i try it says scan to usb
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 18 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There are many methods to scan. Since you are using a Mac, you have to initiate the scanning process from your Mac.

Method 1:

You can use Image Capture application to scan. Go to Applications folder and open Image Capture application. Image Capture will recognize the scanner and show in left column. Select the scanner (printer) and click Scan.

Method 2 :

Go to Applications folder and open Preview application. In Preview application, click on File menu and select Import from Scanner.

Method 3 :

Go to System Preferences and select Print and Scan or Printers and Scanners. Select your printer in left, click on Scan top on right top and click Open Scanner.

Method 4 :

Go to Applications folder and you will see Canon IJ Scan or Canon Scan app there. Open it and use it to scan.

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above or if you get any errors while scanning, please let me know and I will continue to help you

Note : this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or until you are satisfied.

I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star rating. If you feel you've received anything less, please don't rate anything like bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I used method 1image capture how do I save to email
Expert:  Ashik replied 18 days ago.

The scanned pictures goes to Pictures folder in your home folder. So you have to open Mail app and manually attach the scanned image to Mail from Pictures folder

(To open Pictures folder, in Finder, go to Go menu at the top bar and select Home. Then open Pictures folder and you will find the scanned images there)

Expert:  Ashik replied 18 days ago.

Follow the steps below to start secure remote support session.

If you are talking to me from your Mac now, then just click this link -> https://www.fastsupport.com/747999494

Follow the onscreen instructions to connect. An application named Citrix Online Launcher will be downloaded. Then open the Citrix Online Launcher file you see there and then open the Citrix Online Launcher application. You can also open it from Downloads. Open Citrix Online Launcher file. Allow permission to connect orJoin session if asked.

(If you don't seethe downloaded Citrix Online Launcher file, then click on the Finder icon ondock, then click on Go menu and select Downloads. This will bring Downloads folder. Now you see a file named "Citrix Online Launcher.dmg" filethere. Double click on it to open)

Let me know if youhave any difficulty connecting to me. Once I'm connected, I will show you how to attach it to email

Expert:  Ashik replied 18 days ago.

It seems like there are some issues with the remote service request. So I will help you here.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Scan is out of focus
Expert:  Ashik replied 18 days ago.

Put the document on the top right corner of scanner galass and try to scan. Or try scanning after putting the document on each corner