John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

We have a Epson 9880. We have ans Epson 9880. MacWe just

Customer Question

We have a Epson 9880.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: We have ans Epson 9880.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MacWe just updated to
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just updated the drivers and am having nothing but problems, Old Mac went belly up with a power surge, lots of streaking, banding color issues
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: we did power cleaning, alignment, nozzle checks, replaced cartridges. changed paper roles
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We have an Epson stylus 9880pro,
We are running ElCapitan 10.11.6
Printer is around 8 years old and we use it a few hours a week or peak seasons like now with Christmas promotions
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

thanks

Are you able to do the instructions I just provided please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What instructions besides-
I unplugged the printer and now plugged it back in and will run a test!
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

I will repeat the initial message I sent

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.Let me know the results please