John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Our canon printer/photo copier is saying, "the wrong print

Customer Question

our canon printer/photo copier is saying, "the wrong print head is installed" and to replace it. we haven't touched the print head we've only changed the ink. where can we take it to get it looked at? we purchased it at staples in Kennett square, pa
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: no, it has never done this before. I would guess its about four years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: printing from an hp. windows 10?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it happened @ a week ago. my mom uses the photo copier and had no issues except the ink was running low-yellow 221. we replaced it and then the message popped up.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: can't think of anything
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please