John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Every once in a while, the printer goes through a whole ream

Customer Question

Every once in a while, the printer goes through a whole ream of paper and types one line one each of gibberish. I tried installing new drivers, etc. the printer has a static ip address 566.159.251.191 and hte page that comes up looks normal
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: color laserjet CP4020 series
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Pc OS 10 64 on most machines. One machine hAS xp
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Ever since I bought the machine new a few months ago. The annoying thing is that it is intermittaent.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Other than that, the machine works OK. We are talking about emptying drawer 2.
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

This is usually a driver issues but you mentioned installing it again (or updating it) -- Can you pinpoint the issue occurring on anything in particular? Such as large number of pages, certain programs printing, etc?