John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I replaced the Magenta and the printer/computer isn't

Customer Question

Hello! I replaced the Magenta and the printer/computer isn't recognizing the new cartridge - so I can't do an alignment and can only print in black and white - I live these printers (I'm an artist) and the colors are pretty spot on!
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: HP Photosmart C7280 All in One and 02 HP ink
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac os x el Capitan ver 10.11.6
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Since yesterday - basically nothing - well - it has been telling me the magenta was low - so I wasted a couple of inks thinking it would resolve (I recycle the ink cartridges!) So a couple of weeks.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

Do you have the old Magenta cartridge with you ?

Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I can continue assisting you.
Please tell me if the problem is only with the Magenta ink cartridge? Are other ink cartridges recognized just fine?

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,