Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician
Experience:  Owner at Down Home Technical Solutions
95132829

I JUST REPLACED THE BLACK CARTRIDGE AND NOW I GET "PAPER

Customer Question

I JUST REPLACED THE BLACK CARTRIDGE AND NOW I GET "PAPER jA=JAM" DO I NEED TO REPLACE THE COLORED CARTRIDGES AS ERLL EVERN THOUGH THEY DON'T NEED TO BE REPLACED YET BECAUSE II MOSTLY USE BLACK INK?
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: I HAVE AN EPSON XP-430 AND I BUY MY INK AT OFFICER DEPOT
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: WINDOWS 19
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: HAD NO PROBLEM UNTILI PUT IN GTHE NEW CARTRIGE. PLS EXCUSE MY HORRIBLE TYPING BUYT MY "ARTHUR" GETS ON THE WRONG KEYS - BELIEVE IT OR NOT I WAS A SECRETARY DURING MY WORKING DAYS
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: ONLY IF I NEED TO REPLACE ALL THE CARTRIDGES IF ONLY ONE COLOR IS DOWN. THANK YOU
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your printer problem today.

Sometimes, when replacing the ink cartridges, this happens with Canon model printers.

You do not need to replace your color ink if you still have ink in them. You will get a message when they need to be replaced.

What you can do to fix it, is to remove ALL of the ink cartridges and then move your ink carriage over to the left. Turn the printer off. Wait about a minute and turn it back on. It will ask you to put your black ink in. Install the black ink.

Then it will tell you to install the other cartridges. Just follow the directions. Once they are all installed, move the ink carriage over to the left again and turn it off and back on.

You should be able to print and the paper jam error should be gone.

Let me know if this doesn't work! We will try something else.

If this did work, please kindly rate my answer in the top right hand corner of the thread so that I may receive credit for helping you today!

Were you able to resolve this?