John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Not my printer. I have a new laptop and I can not figure out

Customer Question

not my printer . I have a new laptop and I can not figure out how to print from it.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: good question. let me find
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: hp laptop. just bought
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just got it and can not figure out how to print from it. I know the hp printer is connected cause I was able to run a test sheet. there is a tab marked prt sc at top
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I just can not figure how to print from computer. I am use to click and printing
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today. May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason