Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I hate this printer!! It sleeps after 15 min and i have to

Customer Question

I hate this printer!! It sleeps after 15 min and i have to turn off and disconnect in order to get it to print. What can I do??
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP 8610
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: HP Pavilion with Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: since i got it. it sits in another room from my computer, so it is a real pain
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That is a problem reported about several HP printers. (When I read your first sentence saying the printer wouldn't come out of sleep, I thought, "It may be an HP".)

How many years old is it? If within 1 year old, warranty repair would be free, by HP, and contacting them would be appropriate.

If it is out of warranty, then you may have to put up with the problem, or perhaps simply disable Sleep Mode / Power-Save Mode.

Let me know a little more - the age of the printer, measured from date of purchase - and I will instruct you further.