John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Canon 9000 Pro is printing everything with an orange hue.

Customer Question

Hi, My Canon 9000 Pro is printing everything with an orange hue. I checked cartridges for wrapping, I printed test patterns and can discern no problem there. Hope you can help! Burt
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Hasn't done it before. I'm guessing 5-6 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I'm printing from a PC using XP. I usually print from Photoshop. I've tried both letting Photoshop managing the color and the printer managing the colors......result is the same.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 3 weeks, no changes before that.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kelly Scriven replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Canon printer. I have had Canon printers for close to 20 years, and know how reliable they can be. When you say that everything is printing with an orange hue, are you referring to photos, or graphics? Does the text appear orange as well?

I await your reply.

Tnanks,

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Black text seems to be black but grey seems to have some orange color. Other colors also look affected. Most notable heavy orange tint is in all photos.