John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a canon mx432 printer. my desktop icon has

Customer Question

i have a canon mx432 printer. my desktop icon has disappeared. I use the desktop item to scan and can't seem to scan any other way. can you tell me how to reinstall the desktop tool?
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: a few years old. It happened after i had the harddrive replaced. I managed to reinstall the printer and it prints fine. I just don't know how to get the desktop icon back.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc vista
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I had the hard drive replaced. Re-installed the printer and prints fine. Just don't know how to reinstall the desktop tool so I can scan
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
seriously didn't think it would take that long. Need to scan something now.
Please help asap. Thanks, janet
Expert:  GeekGal replied 19 days ago.

HI there. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. I'd be happy to help. In order to provide the best possible help, I will need to know what operating system you have on your computer. If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Vista
Expert:  GeekGal replied 19 days ago.

It's very possible that you installed the basic printer driver only, instead of the full featured software package that contains the scanner driver and software. Please give me just a moment to locate a link to the full install package.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thanks
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
thanks, ***** *****'t seem to find it myself
Expert:  GeekGal replied 18 days ago.

I apologize for the delay in responding. I had to do considerable research. please click on the link below:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-series-inkjet/mx432

Please choose Vista as the operating system. Please note that there are 2 different downloads. I suspect that the first one contains the scanner software, but please download and install both of them and let me know the results. Thank you!