Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

I have an office jet pro x576dw, less than one year old,

Customer Question

Hi John,
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: I have an office jet pro x576dw, less than one year old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC, os x
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I don't understand your question. I had to look up the os. My problem began yesterday
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes. The printer feed is not feeding and on some occasions it makes a repeated effort and doesn't work. In one case the paper jammed
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 20 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Printers are difficult to determine and usually take a bit of troubleshooting. If It is making noises and tries to feed, that

sounds mechanical more than anything and the part may be faulty.

Can you tell me when it tries to 'feed', do you get a message with numbers of any type? Is it working now?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
It is not working. It does seem mechanical. The printer reads that it is connected and printing. The printer message informed me that there was a jam once. No numbers.

Lets try to power cycle it first and then try steps if it doesnt clear for a 'false/positive' paper jam issue.

Turn off the printer. Unplug. Hold down power key for 60 seconds. Plug back in and restart printer.

Print test page.

(this alone could clear it)

This is for the actual printer guide for jams. If these do not work, we can reset to default and add back to your

computer and try again. If that fails, you are under a year, i will send you the warranty info to try and replace it.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5043093&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c04912718

Let me know the results. Do not rate unless we get to a final resolution if further support is needed.

Please rate the 5 stars at the top of the page to close out this question as it is the only way i am

credited for the work done with clients. Or, reply to continue if further troubleshooting is necessary.

~Franklin

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hello,I followed instruction on the shut down, depress and start up. The printer now says that it is not connected.
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 19 days ago.

Okay, do you know how to drop the printer from your network on your computer and readd it

again?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No I don't know how to drop and readd.

give me just a few minutes. i will send you guides.

Delete Printer

Open the System Preferences window.

Click "Print & Fax," then click the printer that you want to delete from the list on the left side of the window.

Click the "-" button at the bottom of the list, then click "Yes" to confirm that you want to delete the printer.

then readd it:

Connect the printer to the MacBook with its USB cable.

Click the "Apple" icon in the menu bar at the top of the desktop, then click "System Preferences" from the drop-down menu. The System Preferences window opens.

Click "Print & Fax," then click the "+" button on the left side of the window. The Add Printer window opens.

Select the printer that is connected to your MacBook, then type a name for the printer in the Name box. Enter its location in the Location box and select the type of printer from the Print Using drop-down box.

Click the "Add" button to add the printer to your MacBook. If prompted, insert the printer's installation disc into the optical drive on your Macbook. Follow the directions of the installation wizard to install the printer's essential software. Click "Finish" at the end of the install process. The printer appears in the list on the Print & Fax window.

If this doesnt work, you may have to be set to default, deleted from mac all together and then reset up.

Do you have the install disk for your printer still?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hello, I'm back to the same problem. The printer makes the calibration charges and sounds like it's ready to go. When I review the print status, it says that it is printing. Nothing happens.

This is a mechanical error more than likely.

I am going to leave you with a guide that shows you the 'pieces' and how to clean them.

If this isnt successful, it will have to be taken in to be looked at manually for the parts or replacement

parts. (the first part of this is a little repetitive)

Try this first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeroMrzgDxE

~Franklin