cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have worked on printers at my job for over 7 years.
20109878

My HP psc1315 has suddenly stopped working. I used it

Customer Question

My HP psc1315 has suddenly stopped working. I used it yesterday without any problems and today I can't turn it on. - no power to the printer, although nothing was touched since yesterday
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Well I'm really not sure, but I guess about 9 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC lenovo windows
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing happened, that's what so strange. As I said I printed something yesterday, shut everything done, tried to start it today and nothing happened
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nü no
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 18 days ago.

Did you try a different power cord? Or try unplugging the power cord from the wall and waiting 60 seconds and plugging it back in? Also try a different outlet?

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 18 days ago.

Also delete the printer off of your computer then go to the printers and add that printer back. It will install a new driver.

If that doesn't work it could be the logic board has went bad inside your printer, which means you would need a new one. It would cost to much to get it fixed with buying a new one for cheaper.