Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I can't change the setting on the print menu from page 1 to

Customer Question

I can't change the setting on the print menu from page 1 to 1. I can't find my printer iron to change on it. How much is this answer going to cost?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: OK. Did you get my question?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Pixma MG5320. More than 5 years, but it was working fine a while ago and I can't seem to find the place to redo the settings on a printer icon. I have a miserable Mac!
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac. Chrome or Safari. One of my e-mails is on Chrome and one is on Safari and I don't know how to change that.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I printed last night, but it was only a one-page document so I don't know if it was stuck on 1 then. I had sent an e-mail to myself to be printed and tried to print it and it will only print page 1. I tried typing 1-11, as the document contains, but it just keeps changing back to 1-1 and All, which doesn't make sense.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how much his service will cost.
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: OK. I guess I can decide when I see the price.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 20 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on About this Mac..., then tell me your OS X version, such as 10.6,...., 10.10, 10.11, etc.?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please try the following steps:

1. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on System Preferences.
  2. Click on Printers & Scanners (or Print & Fax.)
  3. There, click on the Canon printer, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left and confirm Yes to delete it for now. Make sure there is not any Canon item showing there for now.
  4. Make sure the Canon printer is powered on.
  5. Click on the + (plus) icon at bottom left, then select your Canon printer, then the click on Add button.
  6. Then see if you can print fine now.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,