John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have copy (2) on my printer and it says that it is off

Customer Question

I have copy (2) on my printer and it says that it is off line when I try to print. I have the all-in one HP Envy 7640 series. What do you do?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your HP? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: HP Envy 7640 all-in-one. It is wireless. Everything is hooked in place. I am trying to print from my laptop
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: All updates are installed
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Everything is hooked up. It was printing. Now I cannot get it to print
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 20 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the status of the Wi-Fi / wireless light / icon on the printer's screen?

When printing, at the print dialog window, click on the dropdown list at the top, then does it show any other HP printer item? If yes, can you click on it and see if you can print with it?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I have windows 8. When I go to print I set it up a Envy Copy (2) default printer. It was printing but not it is not.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
No I do not want to switch to a Secure Remote Assistance

1. Open something you want to print, then click on Print option / icon, then it will show the print dialog window, then click on the dropdown list at the top, then does it show any other HP printer item? If yes, can you click on it and see if you can print with it?

2. What's the status of the Wi-Fi / wireless light / icon on the printer's screen?

Please stay with me on this web page. With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/

Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you, and wireless printing issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions. Please let me know the followings:

Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
No I do not want to be remotely connected

No problem; I will provide do written instructions per your request. In order for me to troubleshoot the issue, please let me know the followings:

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Please tell me what to do

No problem; I will provide do written instructions per your request. In order for me to troubleshoot the issue, please let me know the followings first:

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Would I have to be online while you are doing this. How long would it take?

Are you seeing my replies at all?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
When I try to print it says printer off line. The green lights are on the Bekin Router

1. I'm asking you to check if there is any other HP printer showing when printing at the print dialog window.

2. I'm not asking about the lights on the Belkin router; I'm asking about wireless / Wi-Fi light / icon on the printer's screen.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
What do you mean. I just go to file and click on copy(2) and it will not print
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
If you troubleshoot my device do I have to be online?

Click on File, then click on Print, then click on the dropdown list at the top, then does it show a list of printer(s)?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thank you. I will try and do it myself.

You're welcome. Please try and let me know; I will help further as needed. Thank you,

1. Please turn off printer, then disconnect power cords from both the printer and the internet modem / router device(s) for about 5 minutes

, then reconnect power cord to the internet modem / router device(s), then wait about 3 minutes

, then reconnect power cord to printer, then turn on printer

, then wait a few minutes, then check printing.

2. If needed, can you please press the Wireless / signal icon on the printer, and see what it shows?

3. What's the status of the Wi-Fi / wireless icon / light on the printer's screen?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further; we guarantee our service. Thank you,