John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Not so good. It was not giving me any color, then barely

Customer Question

Hi John, not so good. It was not giving me any color, then barely black, so i replaced the yellow and magenta cartridge. the cyan is 3/4 full. well, i didn't get a fax printed, so i tried printing my own page...barely black. so i installed a new black and did a cleansing and then a deep clean...the test page shows good black, good yellow, good magenta, NO cyan..cleansed again...still no blue. So i put in another blue cartridge....did a self test page --white streaks in the small blue box...then i cleansed again, then i ran the full page again--no blue. so there you are
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: pro705
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc and just printing from itself too
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: a few weeks so i just let it go thinking i just needed ink. when i was printing from the computer last week, it told me the ink was low in yellow and magenta.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, guess not
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 22 days ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I thought i was speaking with lexmark...obviously i am not.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
no
Expert:  JKalman replied 22 days ago.

NO. We are an independent information company. We provide technical support for computers, printers, and smartphones.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
just cancel the request, no money to be taken...lexmark does not charge me.
Expert:  JKalman replied 22 days ago.

Okay. I will submit a request on your behalf to customer service to cancel this question.