JKalman
JKalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I have a file of the moon taken last night with an 800 mm

Customer Question

I have a file of the moon taken last night with an 800 mm lens using a Canon Mark III R. The complete file is of course mostly black with the lighted full moon. I cropped it down and adjusted the contrast of the moon. When I print the file on my Epsom P600, it prints only the moon and NOT the black background. What am I doing wrong? Running the same file through a Canon 922 on plain paper, I get a complete photo. Charles McManis
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: No This is the first file that it has not printed the complete image. The Canon is the latest Canon Technology a 5D III R. The only reason I tried to print the file on the Canon 922 printer was to see if perhaps there was an error in the file.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: No but I do not ordinarily print nigh time sky photso
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is about it. I tried to set up the Epsom for grayscale, but was unsuccessful.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 20 days ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system?

Expert:  JKalman replied 20 days ago.

There is an option to not print the background, since it takes an enormous amount of ink> I will do some research on this and get back to you.

Expert:  JKalman replied 20 days ago.

The option that you want is Borderless Printing. You can select it by opening the printer software on your computer and going to Set Preferences. This will open the Printer Preferences dialog box. Select the Advanced button and change the Printer Features to Borderless Printing. This should print the black background from one edge of the page to the other. Please let me know how this works for you.

If you are satisfied with my advice, I would appreciate a Good or Excellent rating. If you have questions or are having problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be of service. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME AND EFFORT WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!