John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

It keeps saying I am offline Sorry the printer is offline,

Customer Question

Hi it keeps saying I am offline Sorry the printer is offline
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MFC9330CDW
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Pc windows 10 It's been working fine up until now
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It's been happening about a week, sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't Not sure what happened
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 23 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
it is copying fine and is connected wirelessly

Thank you. Can you please turn off your printer, then disconnect the power cord(s) from both your printer and your internet modem / router device(s) for about 3 minutes

, then reconnect power cord to internet modem / router, and wait about 3 more minutes

, then reconnect power cord to printer, then turn on

, then wait a few more minutes, then check printing.

- What's the status of the Wi-Fi / wireless light / icon on the printer's screen?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I have already done this about a million times
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
The wi fi status is fine on the printer
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Anyway, this is too expensive to keep going. Please cancel me on this, I thought it was only $5. That was misleading

I'm sorry. How about with the small amount as shown for direct remote support? Please let me know; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Noooo, this is ridiculous. You advertise as $7, but don't let the consumer know that it then costs more after the technician responds, this is misleading.

I'm sorry; I'm the tech, so I'll have our customer service contact you about the billing; we'll make sure you will be satisfied at the end. If you still need help with the wireless printing issue later on and/or with anything else, please come back any time as you wish; we guarantee our service. Thank you,