John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer just quit communicating with my computer. I tried

Customer Question

My printer just quit communicating with my computer. I tried to reinstall it and I get a message that it cannot find the PC-fax driver which it says has to be installed before the print driver can be installed. I went on line to driver support and got a message that driver support had quit operating. I have a work force WF-2540
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Epson Work Force WF-2540
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing. I was gone on vacation for a week with everything unplugged. I came home and plugged everything back in and turned it on and tried to print and nothing.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you currently able to open a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Were you able to uninstall the Epson program(s) before reinstalling it?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,