Bob James
Bob James,
Experience:  IT Support Specialist & Network Support at American Furniture Warehouse
96807910

My Canon MG 3500 Series Printer USB 001 isn't working. The

Customer Question

My Canon MG 3500 Series Printer USB 001 isn't working. The power light is flashing and error triangle is blinking. The message says: Support Code: 5B02. Can you please help me out?
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: First time, and the printer is about 2-3 years old. We have been doing a lot of printing lately, and just before this error message, it took at least 3-5 minutes for the printer to print after I hit "print".
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC. Windows 10 and I have the printer on bluetooth.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The first prints today, took 3-5 minutes to print after hitting print.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 20 days ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 20 days ago.

The error code also indicates the waste ink absorber full. Now, the job of the waste ink absorber or purge unit is to collect the dripping ink from the cartridges after a print job, so that the ink do not damage any spare of the printer. The best solution for this problem is replacing the waste ink absorber pads from any repair shop, but before that you can try the steps below to reset the error code, if it works then, you can use the printer for few more days, but ultimately you have to change the pads.

1. Make sure the printer is turned off.
  2. Press and hold the Resume button (triangle inside a circle).
  3. Whilst it is held down, hold down the Power button. ...
  4. Keep the Power button held down. ...
  5. Release the Power button.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thank you very much. I tried the "quick fix", but it didn't re-set. I will take printer to a repair shop.Dick
Expert:  Sudipto replied 20 days ago.

Thanks Dick for the response, please let me know if you need any further information otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Expert:  Bob James replied 18 days ago.

Hello Dick,

I believe I found the full instructions for resetting the 5B02 error, please try this - this should save you from bringing in for service:

1. Make sure the printer is turned off.
  3. Whilst it is held down, hold down the Power button. The green led light should come on.
  4. Keep the Power button held down. Release the Resume button and then press it twice. The light should go amber, then green again.
  5. Release the Power button.
  6. Press the Resume button four times and then press the Power button straight after to confirm the selected action (Reset Counter Absorber).
  7. Turn off the printer and then turn it on again

Please note:

If the printer does not turn on after these steps, please unplug it from the power outlet for 1 minute, then plug it back in. The printer should start.

Thank you,

Bob

Expert:  Bob James replied 16 days ago.

Hi Dick,

Were you able to go through the steps I provided to reset the printer? Is the printer working now?

Thanks,

Bob